One of the projects I did in my graduate management class was develop a vision for an organization that I would be a part of as a career choice. I had created an organization called Global Community Outreach, which would be a catalyst for people helpling people in local and international context. The premise is that every individual can give something for the betterment of their community and the world.
I am leaving for Nepal in a week. I have decided to register this organization in Hetauda as a non-profit. I have taked about this effort with quite a few people. Today I was talking about it again and Billie Dunn, my US grandma made the first donation to the organization. She wrote a check for $100.00. It will be used in the registration process.
The first order of business I wish to take is visit all the educational institutes in Hetuada and invite students into volunteering for different activities. GCO will be geared toward helping communities develop their own projects and programs for their improvement, and if and when necessary, reach out for outside expertise.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment